MMX writers

Heroes !

"A superhero (sometimes rendered super-hero or super hero) is a person of unprecedented physical prowess dedicated to act of derring-do in the public interest."

EPISODE 1: The rise of Smack D

I was just another mortal walking on the planet till November 20. Post Nov 20th something had changed though. Everyday I fought with myself intenally to try and understand what had changed but came up with blank answers. My friends saw no change in me. I was finally beginning to give up and think that all was as it was before. 

I couldnt figure out what and why till early February, sometime around Valentine's day. As I walked past 'Band Stand' trying to figure out the way ahead in life I saw two guys 'Restless' and' Rangeen' sitting by the rocks and whispering sweet nothings into each other's ears. India had been liberated : I thought. But turns out things are not the way they seemed. 'Restless' saw me and immediately signalled something to 'Rangeen'. 

Both came running to me and said "We have been expecting you. You are the chosen one." Confused I yelled sarcastically "Chosen for heading the Homo-sapiens?". Rangeen said "Oh ! It seems you dont know. You have superpowers." Then Restless said "We are from the future and have a message for you". I said "And that would be ??". Both 'Restless' and 'Rangeen' together "Save the Rabbashankar. Save the World!". I said "What Bullshit?". To this both 'Restless' and 'Rangeen' transformed themselves into their true self. I was dumbstruck at the very sight. 

Restless:



Rangeen came with two options:



And then they disappeared into thin air. It seemed too unbelievable. I said to myself "What superpowers? Who the hell is Rabbashankar? Must be a overdose of Lemon Iced Tea."

The Days ahead were spent wondering what happened that evening on Marine Drive. I sat on my balcony immersed in deep thought when I lost balance and fell off. In fear I had closed my eyes. A split second later when I opened my eyes I saw I could fly. Pinched myself hard and found that this was no dream. They were right ! Coming days I tried a variety of stuff like lifting some heavy objects etc. Could do all of that without breaking a sweat ! Now only the "Rabbashankar" puzzle was to be solved. 

Now I wondered what would be a good alibi to hide my super powers. One of my tries:
* MMM = Macho Machine Man

Then I thought that I needed a very deep alibi to hide the truth. Accidentally I came across a  quiz on the newly redesigned Facebook "What kind of a Woman are you?" and my result was "Action (Wo)Man". Eureka !! Now I knew the perfect alibi ! A Super-heroine !  Soon I was practicing my powers in my new costume.

EPISODE 2: LOOK ! THERE IS MY DESTINY

18th March 2009: Last of Mumbai ISB meets that I was going to attend. We had a visitor from Bangalore. When I went to her she was narrating a harrowing tale of a guy called StalkWalker (SW) who had been stalking her eversince the R1 admit. 

She didnt know how to dodge him, he seemed to be omnipresent. Legend has it that even his parents have been trying to dodge him all these years but havent succeeded. In fact she had been attacked by him just before turning up for the meet. But the Karate Kittens protected her well against him. Three women is too difficult for anybody to handle at once. One could not help but feel sorry for this harassed soul. End of the story she introduced herself "Hi ! I am Cashwarya !" I said "... and your last name is ??". She said "RabbaShankar". I had the wind knocked out of my sails. Could this be my destiny? Was she the 'RabbaShankar' that 'Restless' and 'Rangeen' had told me about. Nevertheless it was on the back of my mind as I left Mumbai and flew to Mangalore. 

EPISODE 3: STALK THE TALK WITH THE DAMSEL IN DISTRESS

24th March 2009: Rabbashankar and the Karate Kittens were going to Hyderabad aboard the Kacheguda Express. 
I had my close eye on them as StalkWalker had promised make good his threat today. Three reasons:
  1. The corridors of Kacheguda were dimly lit.
  2. Stalkwalker's fantasy had always been to throw someone off a running train.
  3. Karate Kittens were sound sleepers. (Even Tsunami wouldnt wake them)
And I was right ! Stalkwalker was there ! He managed to drug the Karate Kittens and then overwhelmed them leaving Rabbashankar to his mercy. 
He then carried her off in the trolley as she was too heavy to be carried in his hands. I would have saved her at that point of time itself but nature had called me on my Motoming phone so I got held up.
Before the Stalkwalker made good his threat we exchanged Dishum-dishum .. solid ones ! He kept saying NOPE NOPE whenever we exchanged punches ! Right then we had 'Restless' and 'Rangeen' appear out of nowhere with a ridiculously smelly Fart ! This distracted Stalkwaler and thus one of my punches landed better than I had hoped for and Stalkwalker fell of the Train. Rabbashankar had been saved ! The World had been saved as Rabbashankar was the one who would start a Pani Puri stall at ISB which would save many a lives on the Campus!

That was not the end of Stalkwalker for sure. What new he has in store would be unravelled in the next one year on the ISB campus ! Come April 11th ... come witness the extraordinary !

EPILOGUE

20 years later at Rabbashankar house ---