MMX writers

Dunkings galore

What better way to kick start my stint at 'superstardom' (quoting Vinit who told me to celebrate my elevation from being a mere mortal to being a blogger on MMX!!!) than to write about the one event that gets people charged up close to midnight on some random day? Yup! Its all about grabbing an individual who, perhaps for the first time in life feels bad about the day marking the addition of a year in his life, and swinging him precariously over a pool and screaming ONE.... TWO.... THREE in perhaps the most evil way possible. Till splosh!!! or perhaps splotch!!! or some such thing. The poor fellow / fellie (forgive the rotten word usage), then needs to grin while the water goes gurgling through God knows where, and in some cases, needs to look through wet spectacles, all the while smiling sweetly, as the rest of the gang (dry... mind you), watches, claps, enthusiastically, like how the family/friends of the Bakra on MTV Bakra used to. And as if this were not enough, they make many more people feel hopelessly soaked about the fact that it is some person's birthday. Yup! The study group, the quad mates. And if these many people do not fill the pool sufficiently, the beeeeeeeeeeeeest friend is thrown in. And if that also does not suffice, then in a sudden burst of extreme over enthusiasm, the whole class jumps in. Some even get carried away by the concept of experiential marketing (don't dunk me for this), and describe at length the 'benefits' of getting dunked, and also explain the lost opportunity cost of not getting dunked (for this statement, I can imagine myself at the bottom of the pool!!!). Some go a step further. 'DUNK ME DUNK ME... I am up for grabs' (literally), is the mantra on some lips! And ever since marketing started, we have had another reason to dunk! Oh yeah! The CPs. Arbit or otherwise!

So much for the description. I for one, feel that the attitude of our people towards the whole 'yeah I caught a cold on my Birthday of 2009' is real cool. Even better is the massive turnout of the class / batchmates, quadies, whoever, who make the birthday special for all those away from the original friends and family with whom they used to herald in their birthdays till last year. And... as for the ACP kings and queens - cheers to you guys for the zinda dill attitude - in class and at the pool :) And the icing on the cake is when the class gets carried away and lands up into the pool, as a show of solidarity.. Oh hell, no solidarity, the weather is much too hot and musty!!!!

So, no cartoons here, no long winded gyaan here. Just my take on some things I find sweet and cute here at ISB. Happy reading guys, and please note, I AM NOT AVAILABLE TO BE DUNKED IN CASE YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I WRITE. In case you don't like anything I write, dunk Vijeth and Vinit, and ok.. dunk anyone you want. They'd perhaps jump in anyway!