MMX writers

The Second Wave

Guess this is the first of (hopefully) many posts by R2 admits on the blog of the class of 2010. Before we all get to migrate and unleash our arbitness on the official weblog, that is.

There are many reasons why people have chosen to apply in one of the two rounds, and the single most important factor for me to submit my application on December 1st 2008 instead of September 15th 2008 was because I was too lazy.

Yes. Too lazy. And forgetful.

I know for sure that a few of you would identify with this particular condition, which is what, in my case, prompted me to take up the GMAT late in October and then get essays, evaluations and my entire application in place by the last week of November.

The memories of sitting up late at night trying to trim / re-word / sometimes overhaul essays to incorporate maximum fundas in them shall now be fondly relegated to that section of my mind I've labelled as 'nostalgia'.

So will the memories of an interview where I walked into the main atrium of MY new campus, clad in a suit for the first ever time in my life with an official-looking folder in one hand and a banana in the other, which is why I wasn't able to shake hands with the ad com volunteer who handed me the sheet in which to write the 100 word essay in.

Fondly recollected is also the memory of standing at the second floor of the Forum Mall with a good pal (an R1 admit), after my GMAT, being drunk on a meagre quantity of alcohol in a way that only expensive restaurants would prompt you to, hoping we'd soon be in Hyderabad. The city had to be made awesomer, and it needed us to be there.

Random fond memories and anecdotes notwithstanding, the R2 admits have been watching, waiting, and for the most part hoping that they'd get to be part of the online action soon, and those days seem to have finally arrived.

While the time available between the admission offer being made to an R2 candidate, and the day of joining ISB is quite short, the R1 admits (who've vaguely achieved college senior status) have been incredibly helpful in ensuring that our teething troubles with regard to accommodation, loans, laptops and other miscellaneous stuff are being adequately addressed.

Here's to R2 admits making the most of the available corporate internet bandwidth, and serving the notice period in a highly 'productive' manner.

L'chaim!